My Cart 0
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $699.00
Special Price: $528.50 25% Off
Regular Price: $11.50
Special Price: $9.50 18% Off
GM MDI Communication Module (with TiS SPS Subscription)
Note: Requires software subscription to GM SPS (Service Programming System), which must be purchased separately via the ACDelco
Tech Connect website.
GM MDI can test all GM car from 1990---2012 year.
General Motors Global Electrical Architecture (Global A) and Global Diagnostic Hardware &Software
Global Diagnostic System DGS&Mutiple diagnostic Interface MDI
MDI and GDS Background
MDI is an interface between the vehicle DLC and a PC (by wired USB, wired Ethernet, wireless Ethernet ) and TIS2web.
Can be Used for SPS programming on existing and future SGM vehicles
Required for diagnostics on new SGM Global A Electrical Architecture Vehicles
Used with TIS2Web, GM Global Diagnostics System (GDS), SPS and MDI Manager Software
Allows for GDS diagnostic
GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI)
All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: UART, KW2000, CLASS2, GM LAN, etc.
Needed for Global A architechture vehicles
Supports Service Programming System (SPS)
Passthroughprogrmming on past model and Global A vehicles
Supports PC-Based diagnostics with rollout of the Global Diagnositc System (GDS) application
Includes Flight Recorder Mode
New Diagnostic Application Software required for Global A Vehicles
Global Diagnostic System (GDS)
PC-based software diagnsotics
DTCs, Diagnostics, Data Display & Visualization, Device Controls, Special Tests, Flight Recorder management, etc.
GDS is software which runs on a specific PC. Updates received via TIS2Web.
Multiple display options. More space for diagnsotics. Session management for multiple us.
The Future of the Tech 2
The Tech 2 remains an essential tool through at least the 2010 model year. The GM MDI will not support past models when its diagnostic capabilities are introduced.
And, the Tech2 will continue to be needed to diagnose all vehicles fromprevious model years. Remote programming with the Tech 2 will continue to be supported for
use on all 2007 and previous vehicles.Additional information will be supplied in future.
HOW WILL THE GM MDI BE USED?
The new GM MDI can be used only in the Pass-Thru method. This means you can use it as your programming tool, while your Tech 2/CANdi remains available for
diagnostics and other duties.
The GM MDI is initially being introduced with Pass-Thru programming capabilities only. It can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built
since 1996 and will support all vehicles into the future.The GM MDI will be required to perform diagnostics on selected NAO vehicles for model year 2009. Diagnostic
software is scheduled to be released for the GM MDI during the fourth quarter of 2008.Regulations require programming procedures to be compliant with SAE Recommended Practice J2534. The GM SPS is compliant with
SAE Recommended Practice J2534, and the GM MDI is compliant with the portions of SAE J2534 that are applicable for GM vehicles.
when you test after 2010 year gm car ,you can use gm gds2 software:
When you want to test before 2010 year GM car, you can use the techwin software to test it,run fast and stable:
GM MDI installation
PC specification require: Full installation version WIN XP3, pls install all the systerm patch (picture 0)
1: Open the software folder, double click “CD Start”pop-up installation window,and click “install” ( Picture 1)
2: Pls install the software in order : JAV A.EXE；Validat.exe;GMMDI Software.exe;Tech2Win.exe; (picture 2-6)
3: automatic install all the files above, when have message “ Copying PCMCIA files..”,please don’t touch any keyboard or mouse, just leave it alone, the GM MDI USB drive will automatic install. (Picture 7-10)
4: after installation finish, there will be have a message “ press any key to continue…” and pls press any key, and software installation partly finish ( Picture 11)
5. Pls connect the USB cable to PC ( do not need to connect to the Car OBD at this time), the first time connect USB to PC, the USB drive will be detected on the lower right corner, then choose automatic install, click next to finish.
6. when USB drive installation finish, on your PC device manager ,you will find a “MDI USB Device(COM...” on Port place. (Picture 12) , if not then pls find the drive on MDI folder on the CD and install, if still not successful, then pls check if the PC operation is correct or not.
7. open “GM MDI Menager” on the desk to do connection test (if the USB was correct installed, the red “X” on the dialogue will disappear, if the red “X” still on, then pls repeat steap 6
8: finish the installation above, pls connect your PC with internet. ( do not connect to the car OBD ) open this website and activate lease.
http://tis2web.eicp.net:9080/tis2web/after you open this web. Write any user’s name and click ok. All choose OK /continue ( picture 15-17)
9: in the main interface, please click “Global Diagnostic System2(GDS 2)” icon, and click GDS2 to run, at that time, software will update lease automatic . update finish, software GDS2 (Launch GDS2 on the desk) will open automatically , choose the language and back to the main interface.
Bottom left will have a lease expire time. Be attention, it need only your PC systerm time, don’t change. Afterward we don’t need internet to update lease, so if there have any remind indicate new update available,please do not click update (picture 18-21
1: finish update lease step, connect with Car OBD, click diagnostic icon on the interface. Choose brand and click “input” on lower right corner, car information will be read automatically, or you can choose manual input VIN
2:choose test what you want, like module diagnostic—engine control modual—identifying information ( picture22-27)
GM MDI Package List:
1.GM MDI main unit
2.GM MDI DLC cable
3.GM MDI USB cable
4.GM MDI DVD software
What protocols does the GM MDI support?
For immediate use — At present, vehicles have two buses on the 16 pin connector
(high speed and low speed GMLAN). The GM MDI communicates using all of the existing GM protocols, the same as the Tech 2:
- Class 2
- GMLAN (CAN)
Beginning with the 2008 model year vehicles, Pass-Thru will be the only programming method available. (Remote will continue to be available for previous vehicles.)
a) Einzelteile werden zu allen Ländern über der Welt.Das Paket wird von Hongkong Luftpost Post, EMS, UPS oder DHL gesendet werden.
b) Einzelteile werden sorgfältig überprüft, vor ausgesendet.
c) Wir benutzen Luftblasen, um die Einzelteile sorgfältig einzuwickeln.
a) ein Werktage für die Auftragsbearbeitung nach empfingen die Zahlung.
b)Die Lieferzeit beträgt ca. 2 bis 5 Tage über UPS DHL und EMS, 15-30days über HK POST AIR Worldwide.
Wenn Sie nicht mit Ihrem Kauf zufrieden sind. Kontaktieren Sie uns bitte schnell, können wir ein zu Ihnen austauschen, aber Kunden ist für die zurückgehenden shiping Kosten.
Kontaktieren Sie uns:
Unsere Bürostunden sind 24hours 7 Tages-Online-Service
Achtung: PLZ hinterlassen Sie Ihre Telefonnummer und Adresse im Detail, wenn Sie Auftrag nehmen in unserer Website, es ist sehr wichtig, um Ihren Auftrag zu versenden. (Kunden aus Brasilien PLZleave Ihre Cutsom ID auch, danke!)
Wie man unsere Produkte kaufen
Related Download Files:
1. Be sure to disable/uninstall anti-virus software
Please note,anti-virus software can flag up this item software as having a virus. This is a false positive and is due to the software containing the application file. So Before setup the device software, please disable/uninstall anti-virus software or install a more reliable free virus scanner! Our this item software is completely safe and virus free and all other virus scanners confirm this.
If the software data is destroyed or lost because you forget to disable/uninstall anti-virus software, please contact our customer service, we arrange to resend you CD or send you the software via internet.
2. Required windows operation system is windows XP
Be sure to setup and run the device software under windows XP. Otherwise the device software and program can be broken or it will fail to work.
We usually ship goods By DHL, UPS, EMS, Singpost airmail, and HongKong Airmail.
DHL: 3-5 days
UPS: 5-7 days
EMS: 10-15 working days
Singpost/HongKong Airmail: 7- 20 working days. At most 45 days.
If you have not received the goods during the normal time, please contact us for checking the package status timely online or by email:http://www.robd2.com/contact-us
Product Warranty: 1 year
One Year for from the date equipment arrival
Free technical support by internet online or via phone
1. Damaged tool Service: If the product you received has been damaged during the shipping, please report to local DHL office/Post office immediately and ask for damage proof, then contact our website customer service for exchange service.
2. Product Qualtiy problem for refund or exchange: If the product has any problems, please contact our customer service online within 7 days and return the item to us within 30 days upon the arrival.If you not contact us within 7 days and not return to us within 30days, it is considered as used and WE WILL NOT ISSUE YOU A REFUND OR REPLACEMENT.
3. Return Service: All returned items MUST BE in the original packaging and you need to provide us with the shipping tracking number, specific reason for the return, and also your order number. If the item needs repair, refund or exchange, please use simple airmail to ship back to us.
4. One-year warranty. If the item need repair, within one year, customers no need pay repair fee but need to pay both back and forth shipping cost. Over one year warranty, customer need to pay repair fee for repair.
|Main Unit for Equipment||1 year warrnaty|
|Machine peripheral equipments and wire||No warranty|
|Car diagnostic laptop||3 months|
|Data Hard Disk||No warranty|
|Car software||No warranty|
1. If you have technical problem with the product you received from us, please contact us online or by email: http://www.gobd2.com/contact-us
2. Remote help service: If your problem needs to be solved by remote help by our engineer, please download the teamviewer software from this link: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx?cdsplit=D, install it on your computer, then give us ID and password for remote help.
- Review by Richard
(Posted on 5/18/2013)